1.29.2011

Brags & Updates

I'm not sure what the appropriate amount of bragging is when it comes to your children but in this post you're gonna find some!

First, Olivia, our big 2 year old! She's weights 26 pounds and is 35 inches tall. She had her 2 year old check up and doesn't have to go back until she's 3. She is talking in sentences more and more each day and it is amazing what she figures out and how much she observes and remembers! And did I mention she's potty trained! Crazy! So here's the newest thing that just amazed me...

Last night Mommy was at the stove making dinner, Daddy was sitting at the table checking email, Olivia was sitting at the table eating cereal (I do believe it is her FAVORITE food!) and Zachariah was sitting in his bouncer watching Olivia eat. I heard Olivia counting and looked at her. Olivia was pointing at my shirt so I walked over to her and asked her "what?" She pointed to my shirt and said "green" then she said "Mommy shirt, green. Daddy shirt, Green. One, two. You both match." Can you believe that?! She was figuring out colors, counting and matching and putting it into words!!! She was right! We had on the same color of shirt! We hadn't even been talking about this she just put it together herself!

Here she is ready to run some errands with Daddy...









And now our sweet 4 month old...Zachariah...He just had a check up and he weights 14 pounds and is 26 inches long. The Doc said he had a growth spurt in his height and went from the 50th% to the 90th%! He loves to observe what we're doing and gives the sweetest smile anytime he makes eye contact with you. He regularly rolls over from his belly to his back in both directions, and I think it won't be long and he'll be rolling from back to belly! He can already roll to his side and really gets his legs swinging! He has now slept 3 nights in his crib (he was in the cosleeper in our room) and seems to enjoy it, falling asleep easily when you lie him down. Still waking every 3 hours to eat but then again he is a growing boy!











No comments:

Post a Comment